Plan and Promote Virtual Events >>
We recognize that as you begin to plan for your 2020 United Way campaign, circumstances have changed and there is an increased need for planning more virtual activities. We gathered some ideas to help you as you brainstorm with your team to keep this year’s campaign just as good as the rest!
Why Events Are Still Important
We know that for some companies, the most important part of the United Way campaign is the goal amount. But did you know that for donors, the most important part is the experience (Yes, virtual counts). Studies found that 56% of donors are more likely to give after attending an event, in-person or virtual. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s plan some virtual events that will get your employees excited and help you reach your campaign goal!
Find Your Software
Luckily, there are many different options of software to use to run a successful virtual event! We’ve done the work for you and picked our favorites: Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Eventbrite Registration.
Types of Virtual Events
You can still hold an engaging and inspiring (virtual) kickoff to motivate employees to support your campaign.
Here’s an example run of show for your virtual kickoff:
- ► Show the 2020 United Way campaign spokespersons video.
- ► Share a pre-recorded video from your CEO or another leadership member or have them talk live. Pro tip: Have them share why the campaign matters to the company and why your company’s support is more important than ever this year. See our Key Messages document.
- ► Watch the United Way campaign video.
- ► Request a Safety Net Agency speaker.
- ► Share upcoming events, raffles, incentives and more. Bonus: Check out our Virtual Events guide for ideas.
- ► Stand United and make your pledge.
Engage current Leadership Givers and encourage others to get involved by hosting your own Leadership event. For example, host a roundtable and have an engaged Leadership Giver mediate!
From online auctions and raffles, to virtual classes or lunch ‘n’ learns, special events can be considered the “life of the party.”
United Way’s Volunteer Center has DIY volunteer opportunities you can do from your home. In the office? Look into using our Service2Go site-led option with safety precautions and social distancing guidelines.
Make it Easy to Give
Keep Everyone Engaged
Pro tip: If you’re back in the office, create safety protocols for events with 50 or less attendees.