United Young Leaders>>
Young professionals want to make a difference in your community. They live, work and play in St. Louis and want it to be the best it can be! They can help us tackle community issues and make a difference.
What is United Young Leaders?
United Young Leaders connects the next generation of local leaders and philanthropists through giving, volunteerism, and professional development. With United Way of Greater St. Louis, young leaders have the strong partner needed to make a difference on a much larger scale with a gift of $999 or less. Participants 35 years old and younger will have the opportunity to:
- ► Give back to the community through volunteerism
- ► Acquire essential leadership skills
- ► Engage with the other young leaders shaping our region
Why is THIS GROUP Important to Your Campaign?
By 2025, almost 75% of the workforce will be made up of millennials. Your company has an opportunity to reach them in a unique way, by getting them involved with United Way through a small action. As a member, they will be part of a community that brings together our region’s problem solvers to work on the most pressing local issues to help people live their best possible lives.
Encourage your young leaders to sign up for more information about United Way, our impact and the issues we’re seeing in the St. Louis region. Not only will they receive unique content about the local issues we’re facing, but next campaign, they will be more engaged in your company’s efforts!
Give One of These Examples to show How a Gift can Change a Life:
- ► $150 provides transportation to medical appointments for 15 low-income families
- ► $500 provides nutritious meals delivered to 30 homebound seniors
- ► $750 provides a night of shelter for 37 people without homes
- ► $1,000 provides food for a month for two families in crisis
- ► 10 hours spent volunteering has a $250 value for nonprofits
Share the Benefits
There are THREE different levels that come with their own perks.
- Two volunteer events a month
- Social event
- Invitations to join donor levels
- Volunteer Level benefits
- Exclusive networking happy hour, with keynote speaker (2021)
- Service2Go (2021)
- Poverty simulation (2021)
- Unique professional development opportunities (2021)
Leadership Giving Level
How Can You encourage Your Coworkers to Get Involved?
- Determine prospects.Hint: Find them through your Young Professionals Employee Resource Group.
Don’t have a Young Professionals Group? United Way can help you get started.
- Encourage prospects to get involved with the group’s 2020 and 2021 activities.
- Plan a volunteer event with United Way. Pro tip: stlvolunteer.org has DIY volunteer opps!
- Find a young professional to be an advocate for United Way’s young professional group at your company.
- Post information and an opt-in option on your online giving platform, newsletter or other digital services.
- Build giving strategies around donor levels. Need help? Contact Joshua Palacios.
- Email your young professional co-workers about the benefits of the group and information about how they can sign up. Pro tip: Use our templated email to get started.