Make the ask>>
The #1 reason people don’t give is because they weren’t asked. Use our tips to help you spread the word and taking the first steps to make the ask.
Company highlight: Purina uses 100+ associates to make the ask – every department has a recruited ambassador. Even virtually, you can still recruit ambassadors to encourage others to get involved in campaign events and give back.
United Way has multiple Leadership Societies for your employees to be a part of – and each comes with their own perks! These societies are valuable for employees and critical to the community – especially this year. Learn how to plan and incorporate this into your campaign.
United Young Leaders
United Young Leaders
SHOW HOW A GIFT CAN MAKE AN IMPACT
- ► A month of Netflix is 1 pair of eyeglasses for an elderly person in need.
- ► A week of Starbucks is 2 nights of shelter for someone who needs a safe place to stay
- ► A gift of $100 provides a night of shelter for 5 people experiencing homelessness.
- ► A gift of $1,000 provides a month’s stay for a mother and her children at a domestic violence shelter.
Reach out to retired employees and let them know how meaningful their support still is!
Company highlight: Bayer’s Global Chief Operating Officer, based in St. Louis, personally reaches out to St. Louis area retirees to participate in the Bayer United Way campaign.
GET CEO BUY-IN
Position the United Way campaign as a cohesive company and community goal. We are all in this together and Helping Here to have a stronger community. Have your leadership educate employees on the value they see in this year’s campaign and the goals they hope to achieve.
CREATE A STRONGER ASK
We are here to help you run a successful campaign. Here are some resources you can utilize to best make the ask.
- ► Learn about the resources available to you that will help you share information that your employees will care about. Not sure if you are receiving communications? Email email@example.com
- ► Choose a safety net nonprofit video that matches your company’s values to share more about United Way’s work in the community
- ► Use our impact calculator to show how a gift will impact the community. Share this link with employees when making the ask.
- ► Share how your company is Helping Here with one of our blogs.
Pro tip: Use this one to show how their support helps United Way continue helping 1 in 3 people in the region.