What is the United Way Campaign? >>
For nearly 100 years, United Way of Greater St. Louis has been here to support our Greater St. Louis region. Our annual campaign helps so many in our community, and it’s all thanks to the people who live and work here. Together, we are all United.
United Way Campaign Background
Who does it help?
United Way serves 16 counties in Illinois and Missouri and utilizes our strong network of safety net nonprofits that help people in our region get back on their feet, learn, grow, and become financially stable.
Our community members need us now more than ever. People are facing circumstances they thought they’d never have to face, and many are feeling the effects of COVID-19 impacts even more. The fall campaign is a focused effort to raise dollars, helping solve critical problems our community faces.
How does it support nonprofit partnerships?
The money raised during this campaign supports a strong network of quality nonprofits and services to help change lives in our community. The needs of our region are complex and interconnected, and not one nonprofit or program can fix it all. Together, our nonprofit partners strengthen our regional safety net, so no one slips through the cracks.
How does it support our St. Louis region?
When an individual doesn’t have access to transportation, it’s difficult to get to a job; when children are hungry, they’re less successful in school. And with your support, we can keep moving forward and help our neighbors, like Michelle.
Together, we are making a true difference for our community by remaining United in our aim.
Why do we need ECCs?
ECCs (that’s you!) help engage and educate co-workers, create excitement, and drive dollars to help reach their company’s goal. Each successful workplace campaign works to build a stronger, healthier community.
Workplace Campaign Benefits
- ✓ Educate employees about the local challenges we face.
- ✓ Provide safe in-person and virtual giving opportunities that employees can feel good about.
- ✓ Create relationships with key community leaders.
- ✓ Keep Corporate Social Responsibility top of mind, especially now when we aren’t all together.
- ✓ Offer virtual volunteer opportunities to see your impact in the community grow.
- ✓ We are all United and together we can build a stronger Greater St. Louis region through our 2020 campaign.
“This year it’s more important than ever that those in our community who can support this work step up and continue to do so.”
– Kathy Osborn, president and CEO of the Regional Business Council, 2020 United Way campaign spokesperson